Simpson Millar are recruiting for a paralegal support role to assist a team of solicitors with Multi Track cases in the Serious Injury department.
Assisting the Serious Injury Team to provide paralegal assistance with their case-load. The cases involve clients with disabling andlife changing catastrophic injuries including brain injuries and amputations and fatalities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Drafting Letters of Claim in Employer’s Liability, Public Liability, Occupier’s Liability and RTA case types
- Drafting Claim Form, Particulars of Claim and Schedules of Loss
- Drafting Schedule of Loss
- To ensure the telephone is answered and callers responded to appropriately, dealing with queries, taking messages and communicating the messages efficiently to the fee earner, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To manage the upkeep and organisation of physical files
- To undertake filing and photocopying to a high standard (inclusive of Trial Bundles)
- To take and draft witness statements
- To help prepare instructions to Counsel
- Preparation of Trial bundles
- Review expert reports and draft update letters to the clients where appropriate
- To make appointments and arrange meetings as appropriate;
- To undertake a range of legal tasks as directed and under close supervision.
- Assist with enquiries from prospective new clients;
- Correspond with clients and other parties
- Assist other members of the team as required, including attending on clients and witnesses, undertaking legal research
- Compliance with thefirms Money Laundering Procedures
- Assisting with supervised casework as and when requested.
- Compliance within SRA and other regulatory frameworks including but not limited to Money Laundering Procedures and the Data Protection Act
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:-
- Law Degree, ILEX or equivalent OR LPC
- Excellent IT Skills with the ability to work with a Case Management System, databases and normal office IP systems.
- Experience of working with the general public and a friendly, sensitive and cooperative approach to clients.
- Good knowledge and understanding of procedures and protocol.
- Good practical skills, including proven negotiation skills.
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.
- Strong interpersonal skills - and ability to handle queries from clients and relatives of deceased victims of fatalities who will be in a distressed state
- The ability to deal with individuals from all walks of life.
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary.
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Experience of managing/assisting with a caseload with Personal injury
Deadline: 5pm on 30 January 2019
For more information and to apply, please visit the website.