Salary: £35,000-£38,000 (dependent on PQE)
Contract: 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Here for Good is a charity founded in February 2018, established to assist EEA citizens
and their family members to secure their status in the UK post-Brexit. We are currently looking
to recruit a highly-motivated and experienced immigration lawyer to work as Here for Good’s
solicitor based in Cardiff.
Here for Good’s ‘Cardiff Solicitor’ will primarily be responsible for identifying and helping
vulnerable EEA nationals living in and around South Wales to secure their status in the UK.
In addition to their frontline role, the solicitor will also be responsible for developing relationships
and working with local partners, many of whom already work with Here for Good’s potential
Collecting and measuring feedback will also be an integral element of the solicitor’s role. The
Cardiff Solicitor will work closely with Here for Good’s Volunteer Coordinator (based at
Bindmans LLP in London) to refine Here for Good’s model of working so that it can be rolled out
to other areas of the UK. They will also work closely with the charity’s delivery partners; the
International Organisation for Migration, the3million and St Mungo’s.
The ideal candidate will:
● Be a qualified solicitor, with at least three years’ experience in immigration law
● Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of European free movement law, the
EU Settlement Scheme and Appendix EU
● Be committed to Here for Good’s charitable objectives
● Be adept at managing their own caseload
● Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
● Have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
● Have in-depth experience of working with clients with complex needs
● Have experience of developing and maintaining relationships with partner
● Have experience in monitoring and evaluation, and keeping a clear and up-to-date
record of their work
● Have knowledge and experience of working with migrant communities in Cardiff
● Have a thorough understanding of the obligations, including ethical obligations, of
working as a solicitor
● To means-test and triage potential clients
● To provide free and high-quality legal advice to EEA nationals and their families, and
assist them to make applications for ‘Pre-Settled’ and ‘Settled’ status under the EU
● To develop and maintain relationships with local organisations who work with people
with complex needs
● To measure the impact and outcomes of their work and feedback to the Volunteer
Coordinator and Here for Good’s trustee board
Please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the role
Deadline for submissions is 24 May 2019.