Deighton Pierce Glynn is a respected firm of solicitors specialising in a number of niche areas of civil litigation in which it has a significant national and international profile.
Salary: Starting salary band will be £20,700 - £21,600 per anum dependent on experience.
Deadline: 8 am on Monday 7th October 2019.
Interviews: Week commencing 14 October 2019.
DPG are looking for two Paralegals in their Bristol office to provide casework and administrative support.
The role will involve assisting solicitors on public law and human rights cases including inquests, civil claims and applications for judicial review.
DPG are committed to training legal aid lawyers of the future and aim to offer first class training, supervision and support. They are willing to consider job-share or part-time roles if workable.
- Excellent intellectual abilities
- A demonstrable commitment to defending civil liberties and social justice, either by previous legal experience or experience of working with campaigns, non-governmental or other organisations involved with issues relevant to the firm’s work
- An interest in & enthusiasm for public interest law.
- Ability to work sympathetically and effectively with a wide variety of clients, including young people, the bereaved and people with mental health needs.
- Excellent organisational skills & time management, including the ability to prioritise multiple pending tasks and provide realistic timescales for completion, to ensure that key deadlines are met, and to work effectively when under time pressure.
- Ability to type, computer literacy and a willingness to use and aptitude for developing skills in the use of information technology.
- Ability to use initiative at work, work independently, input ideas and help develop the firm.
- Ability to communicate clearly and draft documents and letters in plain English.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with clients with English as a second language and/or who are vulnerable
- Ability to get on with people and be polite under pressure and to work co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to work away from Bristol when required
- Attention to detail and sufficient numeracy to complete costs schedules, legal aid and costing forms and costs budgets.
- Experience of working with campaigns, non-governmental or other organisations involved with issues relevant to the firm’s work and / or a proven ability to build good working relationships as appropriate, for example with referral agencies and other organisations.
- Experience of legal work / CCMS / Legal Aid work
- Experience of working with migrants and/or people with mental health needs.
- Experience of using social media or press work.
Please see the job description and complete all parts of the application form on https://dpglaw.co.uk/paralegal/ and return to DPG by 7th October 2019 via: email: email@example.com or post: Office Manager, Deighton Pierce Glynn, 8 Union Street, London SE1 1SZ. Please quote the job reference 2019/09BRPL2 in the subject line of your email.
DPG positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
DPG encourage applications from disabled people, including using positive action measures provided for under the Equality Act 2010. If you think you may need reasonable adjustments and would like to discuss this before applying, you can speak confidentially to Louise Whitfield, a partner who is not involved in the recruitment process; you can contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. DPG will also guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets the essential criteria – please complete the relevant section of the diversity questionnaire when applying.