An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Costs Clerk to join our Costs team.
We are committed to helping people who have suffered serious and life-changing injuries.
You will be assisting with:
- drafting schedules and statements of costs, opening and closing of files, checking disbursements in bills of costs, paying disbursements, serving and lodging bills and invoicing solicitors’ fees and disbursements;
- the costs aspects of the firm’s cases and will be working closely with the legal costs group;
- general administrative tasks in relation to file management, such as keeping files in order, lifting and arranging heavy files and archiving.
You will ideally:
- have an interest in law and progressing your career within a law firm. Relevant experience in a similar role and / or some understanding of litigation would be advantageous, but not essential;
- be enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and have excellent I.T. skills along with good analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
In return, we offer the opportunity to excel by providing training, support, supervision and responsibility to match experience. Subject to performance and relevant experience the role will offer successful candidates the opportunity to independently manage claims.
Our working environment is demanding, friendly and very flexible. To find out more about working at Bolt Burdon Kemp, head to our website.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 (dependent upon experience)
Closing date: 5pm 31st December 2019
If you are interested in the role and would like to join us, please visit our careers page and complete our online application form here.