(35 hrs p/w at £10.75ph – London Living Wage rate)
CONTRACT: 12 months, full time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 9am, 3 December 2020
START DATE: ASAP
ITN Solicitors are looking for a paralegal to undertake a variety of administrative and casework tasks both in person at our Head Office in Tower Hill, London and remotely. You will work under the supervision of a senior solicitor and other fee earners in the Civil Liberties Department.
- To comply with all Professional Codes of Conduct that apply to Solicitors.
- Provide administrative support to the solicitors in the Civil Liberties team, including filing, making applications for Legal Aid, making enquiries with clients, the court, opponents and experts, and preparing bundles.
- Use our case work management system to maintain records, produce documents and record time.
- Arrange meetings and maintain the office calendars.
- Answer phone calls for fee earners, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate.
- Preparing cases and managing files to ensure readiness for all litigation stages and Court hearings.
- Filing documents at Court.
- Attending meetings/hearings to take notes.
- To be of general assistance as required by the firm.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proven time-management
- Ability to multitask
- A commitment to social justice
- Experience as a paralegal or in office administration
- Experience of public law and/or prison law
Please send a covering letter and your CV to Vanessa Wood (email@example.com) by 9am on 3rd December 2020.