Citizens Advice Bureau (London) – Housing Solicitor / Supervisor
Citizens Advice Southwark has a track record of delivering high-quality services from its offices in Peckham and Walworth and outreach locations across Southwark and South East London. We sort out
problems together, for good, by providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice across all
areas of social welfare law, and through using the experience of our clients to bring about positive
change through research and campaigns. Join us and make a difference.
Salary: NJC Salary Scale PO4 – £47,346 to £50,389 per annum
Hours: Full-time – 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent Position
We are looking to recruit a Housing Solicitor (or Barrister) able to supervise a Legal Aid Agency contract
and undertake certificated work. You would deliver the service from both our Peckham and Walworth
offices and be an expert resource for other casework supervisors across the organisation. The
successful applicant will assist clients with eligible housing cases.
The role includes:
– Ensuring the provision and development of a high quality LAA housing advice service
– Ensuring that file management standards are met and targets are regularly monitored
– Undertaking certificated housing casework under the contract
To be successful you will need:
– To be a qualified solicitor (England & Wales) with a current practicing certificate or barrister who
meets the Legal Aid Agency Supervisor requirements for Housing Law.
– Have the ability to run case files in accordance with the Specialist Quality Mark.
– A highly developed sense of legal professionalism and a commitment to access to justice with
excellent client care skills.
Closing date: 10.00 a.m. Monday 26 th February 2024
Interviews will be held on: Friday 1 st March 2024
For further information and an application pack please go to
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension
contribution up to 10% salary, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all
applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil
partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.