Irwin Mitchell (Bristol) – Paralegal
Irwin Mitchell are recruiting a full-time paralegal to work in the Bristol team within our national Public Law and Human Rights department. This will be a permanent contract subject to probation periods being successfully completed. The successful candidate will assist primarily on actions against the police, inquests and related matters but may also be asked to work on other types of cases within the department.
What we’ll need from you
- A commitment to using the law to advance social justice
- An undergraduate law degree or Graduate Diploma in Law
- Empathy and compassion to help guide our clients through challenging personal circumstances
- A friendly, enthusiastic and can-do approach
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ideally, some previous paralegal experience
We’re proud of our values, and we’re looking for people who share them:
- To be pioneering with an imaginative outlook
- To be approachable and caring
- To be tenacious in the pursuit of our objectives
- To be efficient in the provision of our services
- To work with a foundation of integrity.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to receive your application.
Our Public Law and Human Rights department
Our PLHR department is ranked as a leader in a range of fields in both the Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 directories. Many of our solicitors are individually ranked.
We are instructed in high profile, cutting-edge cases. Our current specialisms cover advisory work and litigation in the areas of judicial review, community care and healthcare, Court of Protection, education and civil liberties, including actions against the police and inquests concerning deaths in custody. We have forged a national reputation for our work on test cases. We have a national reach, with public law solicitors in nine offices across the country.
We hold Legal Aid Agency contracts in public law, community care and actions against the police and are also instructed by privately funded individuals, professional associations and institutions including national and local charities and other voluntary organisations.
Our Bristol Public Law and Human Rights team includes two former winners of the Bristol Law Society’s Lawyer of the Year award and was named Team of the Year in 2022.
What we can offer you
- A starting salary of £20,020 – £22,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two paid fundraising days in a year to give back to the community
- Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
We also offer a wide number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. Our social responsibility programme is fundamental to who we are.
Irwin Mitchell is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applicants from backgrounds which are currently underrepresented in the legal profession. Please note that we are not accepting agency CVs for this position.
The closing date is 5pm, Friday 17th February 2023.