ITN Solicitors (London) – Paralegal / Administrative Assistant
Location: City of London
Contract: 12 month, full-time position – 35 hours per week
Salary: London Living Wage – £11.95 per hour
Benefits include: Hybrid working; 23 days holiday p.a. plus public & Bank Holidays; pension scheme and cycle to work scheme. We also have regular social activities & genuinely pride ourselves on having a supportive & friendly culture.
Application closing date: 22 September 2023
ITN Solicitors are looking for a paralegal to undertake a variety of administrative and casework tasks both in person at our head office in Central London and also remotely. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of a senior solicitor and other fee earners in the Civil Liberties and Human Rights Department. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for individuals who wish to secure experience in a challenging but highly rewarding area of law at an award-winning firm.
ITN Solicitors is a leading law firm with offices in the City of London (Tower Hill) and east London (Stratford). We have departments in Crime, Human Rights, Public Law, Children & Family Law, Immigration, and Actions Against the Police.
We conduct complex and high-profile work and our cases are regularly reported in the media. We are ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners as a leading firm in various areas of law including Civil Liberties & Human Rights and Protest Law.
The firm has a leading Civil Liberties department with a thriving practice in Actions against the Police and other state bodies. We also deal with a wide range of public law work handling cases from the lower courts through to SIAC and the Supreme Court. The department is particularly noted for expertise in dealing with work involving the criminal justice system as well as unusually complex or politically sensitive cases.
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and growing team who share a collegiate approach to work and are committed to fighting for justice.
The Applicant Specification
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are looking for individuals who meet the specification below.
– Strong academic background
– Genuine interest in working in civil liberties and human rights law
– Commitment to social justice and providing access to justice to all
– Good client relationship building skills
– Proven ability to work well with others
– Shares ITN’s commitment to providing clients a first-class service
– Computer literate with experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Proven ability to multi-task and manage time effectively and efficiently
– A degree in law or related to law is preferred but not essential
– Previous experience of carrying out office administration or paralegal work is preferred but not essential
– Previous experience of working in legal actions against the Police or Prisons or any other state body
would be preferred but is not essential
The successful applicant will become a valued member of our Civil Liberties and Human Rights team and the role will include:
– Compliance with all relevant professional rules and Codes of Conduct.
– Administrative support to the solicitors in the team, including e-filing, making applications for public
funding, making enquiries with clients, the court, opponents and experts, and preparing bundles
– Use of the firm’s electronic Case Management System to maintain records, produce documents and record time
– Arranging meetings and maintaining departmental and individual diaries
– Answering phone calls for fee earners, taking notes and messages and redirecting calls when
– Preparing cases and managing files to ensure readiness for all litigation stages and court hearings
– Filing documents at court
– Attending meetings/hearings and taking minutes/notes of attendance
– Preparing files for billing and liaising with fee-earners, internal accounts staff, the LAA and third parties to ensure all documents are collated and submitted and that files are properly submitted for billing and
processed (including appeals against costs determinations)
– To be of general assistance as required by the firm.
– Working individually or as part of a team as necessary
We are looking for hard-working and proactive individuals who are able to use their initiative and who can help the department grow and prosper. A positive attitude and an active interest in this area of law are essential.
Applications should be made by way of a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close these vacancies should suitable candidates be identified prior to the