Lewis Nedas Law (Camden) – Paralegal
Lewis Nedas Law Ltd is a law firm with offices in London and Oxford.
It is ranked in the Legal 500 and Times 200, and has a leading reputation in the areas in which we specialise. We are seeking a paralegal for our Camden office to work with a team of solicitors in our Criminal Department.
12 Months Contract.
Key Responsibilities: To assist fee earners in the Criminal Law Department with their caseloads to include:-
· Drafting letters
· Drafting Witness Statements
· Preparing bundles
· Attending Court
· Legal research
· Dealing with the Legal Aid Agency
· Communicating with clients
· Maintain internal records in relation to calls and work undertaken
· Prioritise & manage workload effectively
· To manage calls and cases, research information and provide a comprehensive legal service
· Maintain up to date knowledge of services & procedures
· Excellent client care skills
· Good team player who works well both independently and with colleagues to achieve results
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to deal with calls and casework effectively and efficiently
· Ability to carry out legal research and to report findings clearly and concisely
· Ability to manage and prioritise work effectively
· Ability to obtain relevant information from all callers and answer their queries directly or refer as appropriate
· Ability to work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems.
· Excellent telephone manner
· Successful completion of law degree
· Successful completion of LPC/ BPTC
· Experience of working with the general public face to face
· Experience of working within Legal Sector
· Ability to draft court documents
· An ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a friendly and co-operative approach towards staff, and callers
· Good organisation and time management skills
· A person who enjoys multi-tasking
· Excellent communication skills
· Someone who is enthusiastic, positive with the will and desire to succeed
· A person who is self-motivated and works well either in a team or independently
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you should be considered for this position and what abilities you will bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 5PM on 5th June 2023.