Demo 6th Jan
We hope you will join us for some new year’s action at a demo on Monday 6th January to protest about cuts to legal aid. This coincides with the morning of action against the cuts organised by the Criminal Bar Association. More about this here.
Demo time: 9.30-10.30 am
Demo venue: Westminster Magistrates Court (181 Marylebone Road, NW1)
Nearest Tube: Edgware Road
- Janis Sharp (mother of Gary McKinnon, hacker saved from extradition to the US)
- Frances Crook (Chief Executive, Howard League for Penal Reform)
- Nigel Lithman QC (Chairman of the Criminal Bar Association)
- Ian Lawrence (General Secretary, NAPO)
- Judith Freedman (Consortium of Expert Witnesses)
- Patrick Maguire (Maguire Seven)
- Pragna Patel (Director, Southall Black Sisters)
- Professor Ben Bowling (founding member of Stop Watch)
- Sue Willman (civil rights solicitor)
This demonstration is organised by the Justice Alliance. A flyer is below – please circulate to your networks.
For more information see: