YLAL PATRON JON SNOW HOSTED â€˜CLOSING JUSTICE GAPâ€™ AT YLAL’S 5th BIRTHDAY!
A collection of essays about improving access to justice… Closing the Justice Gap: some new thinking about an old problem… produced by the legal research company Jures this month, and published by the Solicitors Journal in association with the Young Legal Aid Lawyers was launched at our fifth birthday.
Edited by Jon Robins, co-author of The Justice Gap: whatever happened to legal aid, published by the Legal Action Group (May 2009).
Foreword by Michael Zander QC, Emeritus professor of Law, LSE
- Michael Mansfield QC, founder of Tooks Chambers
- Henry Bellingham MP, shadow minister for the Ministry of Justice
- Roger Smith OBE, director of JUSTICE
- Sir Geoffrey Bindman, founder of Bindmans LLP
- Crispin Passmore, head of strategy at the Legal Services Board (writing in a personal capacity)
- Laura Janes, Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- David Harker, chief executive at Citizens Advice
- Neil Kinsella, chief executive at Russell Jones & Walker
- Tony Edwards, senior partner at TV Edwards
- Jon Trigg, strategy director at A4e
- Nick Green QC, chairman of the Bar Council 2010 and Paul Mendelle QC, chair of the Criminal Bar Association 2010
- Steve Hynes, director of LAG and co-author of The Justice Gap, and the Jon Robins, legal journalist and co-author of The Justice Gap