YLAL response to MoJ call for evidence on immigration legal aid fees and the online system
On 2 December 2021, YLAL submitted its response to the Ministry of Justice’s call for evidence on immigration legal aid fees and the online system.
To help inform its submission, YLAL hosted a virtual roundtable on 24 November 2021 featuring a range of human rights practitioners and policy professionals, including:
- Zoe Bantleman, Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- Rajiv Bera, South West London Law Centres and YLAL Committee
- Jeremy Bloom, Duncan Lewis
- Sonia Lenegan, Rainbow Migration
- Mark Shepherd, Migrant Legal Project
- Dr Jo Wilding, Garden Court Chambers
We’re really grateful to Siobhan Taylor-Ward for chairing the meeting and to YLAL members Paige Jones, Sunny Singh and Lily Lewis for their work on the response!