#YLALVirtual 16 February 2022 – Human Rights Act Reform: A Modern Bill Of Rights Consultation
At our #YLALVirtual on Wednesday 16 February 2022 at 6.30pm, our incredible panel of legal aid practitioners and policy experts gathered to discuss the current government consultation that seek to replace the Human Rights Act with a ‘British’ Bill of Rights.
This roundtable was chaired by Emma McClure (Solicitor, Prison and Public Law – Swain and Co) of the YLAL Committee. The participants included:
- Gabriel Tan (Caseworker, Public Law – Wilson LLP)
- Marte Lund (Trainee Solicitor, Civil Actions – Birnberg Pierce)
- Eilidh Turnbull (Trainee Solicitor and Justice First Fellow – JustRight Scotland)
- Robbie Stern (Barrister – Matrix Chambers)
- Jun Pang (Policy & Campaigns Officer – Liberty)
We are grateful to One Pump Court for hosting the event and to Queenie Sit for producing minutes which are available to download below.